Electrical & Instrument Design Engineer
Hours of Work
Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Annual salary to be agreed, dependant upon relevant qualifications and experience.
- 20 days annual leave for the first calendar year, increasing by 1 day per calendar year of continuous service up to a maximum of 25 days.
- SSP – in accordance with government regulations
- Company Pension scheme (after 3 months of employment)
- Company health care scheme (after 3 months of employment)
This role would suit candidates who want to pursue an office-based engineering career with a project management aspect.
- Excellent organisational and engineering skills.
- Communication, team working and interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active & attention to detail essential.
- Good computer skills, Word, Excel Outlook
- Electrical knowledge essential
- Understanding of control principles and circuits
- Hazardous Area techniques/experience is a requirement
- Knowledge/experience of Auto-CAD or Bentley Microstation essential
- Knowledge/experience of Amtech essential
- Minimum HNC/HND or graduate qualified
- 2 to 5 years relevant industrial experience
- Driving Licence
Part of the engineering team, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking of site surveys
- Assisting with quotations for new projects
- Production of detailed electrical & instrument schematics drawings
- Production of design dossiers (Site layout drawings, cable routing designs, cable installation drawings, cable schedules, instrument loops, instrument specification, instrument hook ups, test documentation, etc)
- Project management from initial order receipt to client handover
- On-site testing/commissioning
- Procurement of electrical equipment
- Working in line with the company ISO9001 and QA documentation
On the job training/mentoring will be given on all aspects of the work required. Also we will look into any suitable college courses that may be required to develop your knowledge and skills should you require it.
How to Apply
Please send applications and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.