Switchgear Electrical & Instrument Test Engineer
Hours of Work
Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Hourly paid salary to be agreed, dependant upon relevant qualifications and experience.
- 22 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays.
- SSP – in accordance with government regulations.
- Company Pension scheme (after 3 months of employment)
This role would suit candidates who want to pursue a switchgear test / commissioning role.
- Must have a can-do attitude.
- Excellent organisational and engineering skills.
- Communication, team working and interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active & attention to detail essential.
- Good computer skills, Word, Excel Outlook.
- Electrical knowledge of switchgear is essential.
- Understanding of control principles and circuits.
- 33kv / 11kv switchgear installation.
- 2 to 5 years relevant industrial experience.
- Driving Licence.
Part of the test department team, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Point to point testing of top boxes and control panels.
- Full green line testing of various 33Kv siemens switchboards.
- Understanding of electrical & instrument schematics drawings.
- Primary and secondary testing.
- Wiring modifications and fault finding.
- In house and On-site testing/commissioning.
- Procurement of electrical equipment.
- General understanding of protection relays.
On the job training/mentoring will be given on all aspects of the work required. Also, we will investigate any suitable courses that may be required to develop your knowledge and skills should you require it.
How to Apply
Please send applications and enquiries to email@example.com.